- 5-word vocabulary check on Wednesday, 10/9 (instructions, graphic organizer)
- Keep bringing your Readers' Workshop book to class!
- Journal about one (or more) of the following for 8 minutes:
- Would you rather be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day? Why?
- Would you rather eat a bowl full of crickets or a bowl full of worms? Why?
- Would you rather live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods? Why?
- Write about anything that's on your mind.
- 2-Point Reading Response Rubric
- We've been practicing different ways to illustrate ideas in a text
- Today you'll be applying them to your Readers' Workshop book
- When I grade notebooks, this is the rubric I'll be using for reading responses
- Glue this into your notebook!
- Create a character web in your journal!
- Create a character web for the main character in your readers' workshop book (if there is more than one main character, choose one)
- Think about personality traits, interests, how the character deals with problems...
- Use evidence like we did for The Junkyard Wonders
- Get reading!
- When you're done with your response, start reading your readers' workshop book.
- Help create a peaceful environment where you and other students can focus!
Daily Agenda Slideshow