- Explore my thoughts and feelings through journal writing
- Go over the reading pre-test
Homework: Read "The Dinner Party" and fill out the plot diagram.
If you missed a day of notes or want a refresher, check 9/16-9/17!
- Daily Journals: In your notebook, answer one of the following...
- 1. Create your own holiday. What would you celebrate? How could you get others to join in on the fun?
- 2. If you could end any one problem in the world, what would it be? Why?
- 3. Write about the best vacation you ever took.
- 4. Write about anything that is currently on your mind.
- The one rule is that you don't stop writing for an entire 15 minutes.
- Reading Pre-test
- Don't be discouraged if you missed a lot of questions! This is a pre-test--you're not expected to know everything now.
- Making inferences
- Identifying central ideas / themes
- Using context clues to determine the meaning of words
- Choosing the best evidence to support a claim (nonfiction works)
- Areas of Opportunity:
- Choosing the best evidence to support a claim (fiction works)
- Identifying figurative language & determining its purpose
- Identifying nonfiction text features & their purpose
- Writing summaries
- Structure & its purpose
- Daily Activities Slideshow