Get out your notebook and write 5+ sentences about your midwinter break:
- What did you do?
- How was it?
- What was something you enjoyed?
- Who did you see over break?
- Share a few details about your break with a partner.
- Make note of one thing your partner did over break; you may be asked to share about it!
Objectives: Today I will go over the presentation requirements for my Sway and brainstorm my talking points.
- Completed essay on Sway by 8:00 AM tomorrow
- Practice your presentation (presentations on Thursday and Friday)
Want to retake the Nonfiction quiz? Turn in the retake form to the turn in bin by the end of class!
- On Thursday and Friday of this week, you will be giving (brief) presentations about your photo essays (worth 8 assessment points).
- In your presentation, you will summarize your essay in 90-120 seconds by...
- sharing your topic and thesis statement
- telling a few interesting facts from your body paragraphs
- choosing a tech support partner to scroll through your Sway while you present
- Presentation Rubric & Planning Sheet
Tech Support Partner:
- What is the role of a tech support partner?
- They are the person in charge of scrolling through your Sway while you present
- Your tech support partner should be
- present on your presentation day
- someone you trust to be prepared and focused for your presentation
- someone you can take time to plan with, so they know what you want shared and when
How to Prepare:
- Decide your talking points (interesting facts, sentences/evidence, and photos).
- Practice your presentation on your own to practice speaking clearly, making eye contact, and meeting the time requirement.
- Practice with family members and/or peers for feedback.
- Meet with your tech support partner to determine where you want them to scroll and when
- Practice your presentation at least two times with your tech support partner
What to Expect on our Presentation Days:
- The presentation order will be randomized.
- You will give your rubric to Mrs. Weber.
- Your tech support partner will sit at the computer desk and control your Sway.
- You will present from the front of the room.
- You may use one notecard with talking points (I promise, you don't need more than that!)
On your Planning Sheet:
Respond in detail to EACH question to help you brainstorm for your presentation:
- What is your topic?
- What facts stood out to you on your topic?
- What do you think is MOST important to share?
- What body paragraph are you most proud of?
- What was your final thought that you left with the reader?
Daily Agenda Slideshow