- We'll read the story "Seventh Grade" by Gary Soto as a class
- Listen as you follow along:
- Then, answer the quick write questions -- spend a full 10 minutes writing:
- What do you do to impress others? Why? (If you don't actively try to impress others, why not?)
- How do you and your friends get people to admire you? Why?
- How do you act differently in different settings? Why? (Think about how you act in class vs. at lunch with friends vs. at home. How do you act specifically in each situation?)
- How do you act differently depending on who is around? Why?
- Be specific when answering each question!
- Pass your paper counter-clockwise
- Read your neighbor's paper and write a response to it. Ask questions or use the sentence starters at the bottom of the page if you feel stuck. Write for five minutes.
- Pass again and repeat!
Daily Agenda Slideshow