Objectives: Today I will explore the topic of Japanese Internment in the United States by watching a video and reading an article.
- Finish the Scope quiz if you do not finish in class (article here!)
- Practice your presentation (Remember - presentations on Thursday & Friday)
- Japanese Internment in the US
- This is a topic you will explore later in your Social Studies class, and in our poetry unit next month.
- Watch the video by Scope as the author of the article discusses her writing process and what Japanese internment means.
- At each pause point, discuss the questions with your table partner. Then write your response in complete sentences on your worksheet.
- Reading Comprehension Quiz
- On your own, answer the questions about the article
- When you finish, turn in your completed quiz (if you don’t finish, this is homework!)
- Then, continue outlining your presentation for Thursday or Friday
Daily Agenda Slideshow