- practice proper comma usage
- and analyze the beginnings of books
Homework: (optional) Vocabulary Quiz Corrections due Friday
- Grammar: Commas
- Read through the ways to use a comma with a partner
- Then, complete the four practice questions on the bottom of the page.
- Bold Beginnings
- As a class, we'll read through the different examples of beginnings
- Whole Class Discussion: What do you like/dislike about each example? Which type is most interesting to you as a reader?
- Read the first page of each book on your table.
- Write down the opening sentences and determine which type of beginning each book uses.
- Start Drafting!
- Start writing your realistic fiction story in your notebook. We’ll have the laptop cart for drafting starting tomorrow!
Daily Agenda Slideshow