- collaboratively decide when this unit's grammar quiz will be
- draw pictures to represent new vocabulary words
- start brainstorming ideas for my realistic fiction story
Homework: Turn in your readers' workshop book(s) by tomorrow!
- Writers' Workshop Schedule
- What important dates do you notice? Copy them into your planner.
- The grammar review day for this unit is on the 18th; when should we schedule the quiz?
- All classes chose to have the quiz on Wednesday, November 27th. If you know you will be out of town already, schedule a time with me to make up the quiz before you leave!
- Review Expectations
- These are the expectations you came up with yesterday
- Let's read them all aloud as a class
- Visual Dictionary
- Draw a picture that represents the words listed
- We'll work on a few of these each day!
- What are pictures we might draw to represent the words realistic, fiction, brainstorm, and generate?
- Generating Ideas
- Realistic fiction authors often use details from their own lives to inform their writing.
- What are some moments from your life that you might be able to use in a story?
- Think of: a strong emotion you've felt, a person you care about, or a place that is important to you. What stories could you write about those things?
- Come up with at least four moments and story ideas!
- We'll continue brainstorming story ideas tomorrow.
Daily Agenda Slideshow