Homework: Choose a story idea!
- Generating Ideas (in your packet)
- Spend 10 minutes filling in the rest of the boxes on the generating ideas page in your packet
- The left side of the chart is for small stories from your life
- The right side is for how you might turn your real story into your realistic fiction story.
- Share your two favorite ideas with your table group!
- Listen respectfully when your classmates are sharing with you! (Stay in your seat, no unsolicited advice, attention on the person sharing)
- Then, if you'd like, you'll have an opportunity to share your idea with the class.
- Speed Writing
- Choose any one of your story ideas
- Start writing without worrying about where the story is going
- Use this time to "date" your story ideas before you commit to writing one!
- If you hit a dead end, write a different story.
- Write independently & silently for 10 minutes (Don't worry, we will have a chance to share!)
- Share! Again!
- Which story idea did you like writing best?
- Share your favorite sentence or two with your table group!
Daily Agenda Slideshow