Homework: 5-word vocabulary check Wednesday, 10/9
Keep bringing your Readers' Workshop book to class!
- Finish reading The Junkyard Wonders and creating a character web
- Possible Sentences half sheet
- Write up to five sentences using the words at the top of your worksheet
- Try using multiple key words (2-3) in each sentence!
- Then, read the article! Keep an eye out for the key vocabulary terms to see if you understand them better in context.
- What strategies did you use to determine the meaning of the words you didn't know?
- Here's my list:
- Look up the definition (dictionary, google, ask a friend/parent/teacher)
- Look up synonyms of the word
- Check for context clues (within the sentence/paragraph)
- Find a picture describing the word
- Vocabulary Homework
- Track 10 vocabulary words of your choice from your Readers' Workshop book(s)
- Goal: Find one NEW word every school day (even if we don't have reading time in class)
- Record words on your Vocabulary Graphic Organizer (will get in class tomorrow! If you find a word tonight, write it on the instruction sheet or a sticky note that you can find later!)
- Vocabulary Instructions
- Graphic Organizer
Daily Agenda Slideshow